Christmas Tree Tostada
You will need:
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 package taco seaoning mix (enough for 1 pound hamburger)
- 6 small flour tortillas
- 1 green peper, seeded and diced
- 1 tomatoe, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 6 ounces sliced Monterey Jack cheese, cut into strips
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- taco sauce
- 1) Preheat oven to 350°
- 2) Prepare hamburger with taco seasoning mix, according to package directions.
- 3) Cut tortillas into tree shapes as shown, discarding the shaded areas.
- 4) With a spoon, spread 1/3 cup hamburger mixture evenly over each tortilla. Leave a 1/2 inch border of tortilla all the way around each tostada.
- 5) Use green pepers, tomatoes, and olives to decorate tostadas like christmas trees.
- 6) Arrange the cheese on each tostada in a zigzag pattern to make garland.
- 7) Use a spatula to place tostadas on a baking sheet. (You will probably be able to bake two at a time.) Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 8) Place tostadas on serving plates. Arrange lettuce at the bottom of each tostadas to make a tree skirt.
- 9) Serve tostada with sour cream and taco sauce.
Back to Crafts &
Should you have any comments or ideas for our web site,
please forward them to the
Copyright © 1996 The-North-Pole.com