You will need:
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups water
3 large apples, cored and cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 cup chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butter or
1 bottle prepared hardening chocolate sauce (such as Magic Shell)
1) Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
2) In a large bowl, combine lemon juice and water. Place apples in lemon juice mixture. Toss to coat apples with lemon juice mixture. Set aside.
3) If you don’t have a microwave, skip this step and use hardening chocolate instead. Place chocolate chip and butter in a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir well. If chocolate is not completely melted, microwave on high for 20 seconds more and stir. Repeat until chips are melted.
4) Place apple slices on a paper towel and pat dry with another paper towel.
5) Dip apple slices halfway into chocolate mixture and place on baking sheet.
6) Refrigerate apple slices for about 1 hour or until chocolate has set.
If the chocolate mixture begins to set before you are finished dipping the apples, microwave on high for about 20 seconds and stir.
Makes 30 apple slices
Image not exactly illustrated as described in the recipe